Thanksgiving is supposed to be a family-oriented holiday of gratefulness and rest. We love Thanksgiving! The food, the sweaters, the crisp air, the feeling of togetherness, and the opportunity to express our gratitude make it one of our favorite holidays. But let’s face it…Thanksgiving can also be really stressful. Aside from family dynamics and the stress of travel, the cost and effort involved in preparing the Thanksgiving meal can be overwhelming.
But we have a solution to that problem – catering your Thanksgiving meal. We’ve heard so many objections over the years from, “It’s so impersonal!” to “That sounds so expensive though…”, but we’ve never once had a dissatisfied client. And most of our clients end up making it their new family tradition! So let’s talk about why catering for your Thanksgiving meal just makes sense.
We Cater to Everyone
Is your daughter newly vegan? Is your nephew allergic to eggs? Are your friends kosher or halal? No problem! Catering your Thanksgiving meal means you can customize the menu for any type of dietary need.
We offer dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, kosher, halal, paleo, and nut-free menus. Have a dietary need outside of this list? Just ask! We’re happy to work with you – and now you don’t have to learn to press tofu or make dairy-free pumpkin pie taste good to please your loved ones! Making sure that everyone gets to partake in the feast is an act of love and inclusion that people with special diets will always remember.
More Time For Your Family – and For Yourself
One of the biggest objections we get when we suggest catering Thanksgiving is that it’s “impersonal.” But in reality, you are going to have so much more time to spend with your family when you’re not spending hours and hours in the kitchen prepping – not to mention clean up afterward.
Imagine all the activities and visiting you can do with those hours back! Your Thanksgiving just got a lot more personal. Not to mention the extra time you have to care for yourself. Now you can sit down to the dinner table feeling refreshed and ready to eat instead of harried and sweaty from trying to make it all turn out on time! Lowering your stress levels is an act of self-love and spending more time with your loved ones is the gift that keeps on giving.
The second most common objection we hear is, “That sounds expensive!” But in a lot of cases, catering can actually be a lot cheaper than throwing Thanksgiving yourself. In fact, the larger your family is, the more likely it is that you’ll save quite a bit of money by letting someone else handle Thanksgiving dinner.
Caterers have relationships with markets and suppliers and often buy their food wholesale. They can then pass these savings on to you. And if you’ve ever tried cooking for 15-plus people, you know that it’s a math game. How many potatoes do you need? How much butter? Miscalculating can mean drastically overspending – which most of us would rather do than not buy enough. Catering eliminates that expenditure because we know exactly how much food it takes to feed a large group of people, which means we can cut back on expensive waste.
We also have all the specialty equipment required to supply you with the perfect Thanksgiving dinner. Buying an electric turkey carver, a new gravy boat, a meat thermometer, a hand mixer – it all adds up and eats into your budget.
So save yourself the time, money, stress, and frustration that come with preparing your own Thanksgiving meal and let us do it instead! We have multiple menu offerings and service selections, including buffet and full-service. And if you want to keep the new secret to your perfect Thanksgiving meal, well…secret? We have drop-off options too!
Interested in catering your Thanksgiving meal this year? Contact Vibrant Occasions today!
The least scary part of your spooky spectacular should be the spread! Between decorating the house, finding or making the most ghoulishly glamorous costumes, and crafting the perfect guest list, you’ve got enough on your plate. Whether you’re planning a small get-together on your back deck or a neighborhood stop-by in the front yard, find a catering partner that takes the horror out of feeding your family and guests.
Creative Treats Without the Tricks
Is your Spooky Season Pinterest board full of cute cupcakes and extraordinary hors d’oeuvres but you’ve got no idea how to make them? Don’t spend hours learning how to make new dishes and fill your fridge with practice runs – trust the pros that do this every day. Our experts can help you make those dreams a reality – without the nightmarish first runs.
Need ideas to make your Halloween plates look cute or theme your party from snacks to decorations? We can help there, too! A professional caterer has done it all – we can make creepy crawlies and zombie scenes leap to life on a cake or cookie, put a spooky touch on savory favorites, and create the perfect palette to delight your party guests.
Don’t Spook Your Guests with Allergies or Restrictions
Maybe you’ve got the RSVP game down to a science and know exactly who’s showing up with what allergies and/or dietary restrictions. Maybe you’re a food expert who has designed the perfect menu to avoid any allergies or dietary restrictions. Don’t worry if you don’t or you’re not – we’ve got you covered! As professional caterers, we’ve handled:
- Food Allergies, From Minor to Major
- Gluten and Dairy Intolerance
- Religious Dietary Restrictions
- Vegan and Vegetarian
- Something for Everyone
Without making each guest’s individual plate for them, it’s impossible to cover all of your bases. With a professional caterer, however, you can make sure that everyone has something to eat at your party. We prepare menus that encompass major allergies, dietary restrictions, intolerances, and other food choices and create labels to let your guests know what foods are perfect for them.
Skip the Kitchen Nightmares
The oven dings. Your second attempt at pumpkin shortbread is ready, but it needs to cool before you ice it. Pots, pans, baking sheets, and utensils are strewn about the kitchen, there’s somehow caramel on the ceiling, none of the cookie trays have been arranged, and your guests arrive in thirty minutes. Do you skip the cute couples costume you and your partner picked out months ago in favor of a time-saving look with eyeliner whiskers and cat ears?!
Worry not, dear reader. This doesn’t have to be your reality – not any more! A professional caterer will drop off the perfectly-prepared dishes you picked out and even help you arrange them on plates and trays, prep the punch bowls, and layout plates and utensils. You don’t have to worry about:
- Special Kitchen Equipment: We’ve got everything you need to produce anything you can dream of – without the double ovens or the time-consuming work.
- Serving Dishes and Warming Trays: You can put our delicious food on your own serving platters or use our professional catering equipment to make sure your Halloween spread looks its best and is enjoyed hot and fresh!
- Plates or Utensils: Professional caterers can provide high-quality disposable plates and utensils or rent the plates and silverware you need to serve any size party.
- Dreaded Dishwashing: Skip the pile of pots, pans, baking sheets, and other kitchenware so you can party into the night without worrying about dishes in the morning. Bonus: Skip the incessant counter-wiping that comes with preparing your Halloween feast!
Party with the Pros
When it comes to entertaining your guests – and delighting them with delicious food options – party with the pros by contacting us today! As the holiday season kicks off, you need a catering partner you can trust. Call for a catering consultation with our team at Vibrant Occasions!
Hands… Not Touching Hands..
Reaching out… Not touching me, not touching you!
“Sweet Caroline” sure is a popular song to play on a dance floor, maybe with just a few updated lyrics for the times!
We’re seeing lots of extra sanitizing stations throughout venues
Couples are even providing custom sanitizer bottles for guests!
It’s fun and useful!
Social distancing won’t interfere with guests having a great time! There are still plenty of opportunities to enjoy the reception while keeping distance from those outside of your family group.
We are asking that guests wear their masks while going through the buffet lines and ordering at the bars and drink stations.
We are doing our best to protect you and your families, we ask that you help do the same for us!
Since Self-Service Buffets are not allowed at this time, our staff gets to plate the food for you! A few great options include our Staff-served buffets, Action Stations, and Plated Service! We are serving behind Plexi-glass barriers as extra protection for your family and friends!
Your vendors should be able to be open and honest with you about the measures they are taking to follow all current guidelines from the state and federal officials.
We are always here to answer any questions you may have about what we are doing behind the scenes!
We are working tirelessly to make sure we are doing everything we can to ensure the safety of our couples, families and our staff as we work to re-open events during Phase 1. We worked with a team of amazing vendors in our state (too many to count!) to help create guidelines and safety measures for large events. The amount of creativity we see in our fellow vendors is inspiring!
We have all the Pasta-bilities to create your dream wedding and we are here to help!
Creativity Can Create Dream Weddings with so many Pasta-bilities!
Here’s some things to think about while planning your event!
Reach out to your vendors and ask them how they are complying with the directives issued for Phase 1.
Who is Responsible for What?
Your vendors will be responsible for some aspects of the guidelines. There are some details you will need to be responsible for as the host of the event. Ask questions. Know that we are all doing the best we can to give you the most current information.
Will There Be Changes to Catering?
The short answer, Yes!
Our new guidelines are limiting our service options for events during Phase 1. Self-service buffets are currently not approved. Reach out to your caterer as soon as possible to discuss food service options!
What is Vibrant Occasions Catering Doing?
In addition to the guidelines from the Governor, Vibrant Occasions has created our own Standard Operating Procedures to work from during this time. These are above and beyond what is being asked of caterers, but we want to ensure the safety of our guests as well as our staff.
We are looking at each event individually to go over every detail to make sure you know we are keeping your safety as a top priority.
- We already wear gloves during our food service, but you will see our staff wearing masks as well.
- As much as we have grown to know and love our couples and other vendors we work with, we will also maintain proper social distancing during events. We will not be shaking hands, hugging or participating in any unnecessary physical contact.
- We are also installing plexiglass shields for our staff-served buffets to limit contact with food.
Love is in the air, too!
We know couples are tasked with making difficult decisions right now about their wedding days. Those choosing to keep their original dates have some unique options to ensure their wedding day is memorable! We have worked with some couples to create some fun and delicious options to help you maintain your Social Distance while you celebrate with your closest family and friends.
Couples are getting creative, we can help!
Individual Chef’s Boards
We can create smaller versions of our beautiful Chef’s Boards to serve with your champagne and cake. Your guests can nibble with limited contact with each other or utensils.
Elevate your meal with Chef-Plated and served dinners. This is a great no contact option for your guests. There’s no concern with sharing utensils.
Action Stations and Chef-Served Buffets
Minimize contact with utensils with our Action Stations or a Staff-Served buffet.
Individually Packaged Bites
We can package some delicious bites in an easy to grab and go container.
Do you have questions about planning your wedding during Covid-19? Let us know!
An update from the Vibrant Occasions Catering Team
We are answering emails and receiving calls daily about postponing weddings and events. These are not easy decisions for couples and companies to make, so we are here to assist you in the process of adjusting your date.
We are communicating with other vendors on a daily basis. We are making sure that the process of postponing and answering other event related questions is as seamless as possible.
We’re staying up to date with all of the local and federal guidelines to ensure the safety of our staff as well as our community! If you have any questions about the measures we are taking, we’d love to hear from you!
For those couples that are just starting their planning process, we are here for you! We have options for virtual meetings and we’d love to “meet” you. It’s not too soon to start planning for 2021 and beyond, and we’re really excited to see what dreams you have for your day!
Chef Serge loves being creative with food, so we’re taking this time to try new recipes and see what we love! Who knows… we may be sharing some of the new items with you very soon! Do you have a suggestion for us?
We are giving back to our community. We are proud to be a small, locally owned business and we are doing our best to pay it forward every chance we get. We are thankful to be in a position to help in our own way.
404A, Flower Street
San Fransisco, CA
+00 125 456 8754
Get In Touch
What does it take to cater your own wedding? Why it’s a good idea to hire a wedding catering company!
We’ve outlined a few things to keep in mind if you’re considering catering your own wedding or big event. There are a lot of things to consider when deciding to hire a professional, or DIY some things. Keep in mind, there are NO wrong answers when making decisions for your day, so do what is best for you!
Do You Have Access to All Equipment and Supplies You’ll Need for Food Prep and for Presentation?
- A professional caterer should be able to provide all equipment and supplies agreed in your contract to execute your event.
- In our case, we can also provide dishware, real or disposable, among other items that we agree upon in our contract. That way you don’t have to worry about any of those details as your day approaches.
Have You Factored Food Prep Time Into Your Wedding Week Timeline?
- You’ll have a lot to do in the days and weeks approaching your wedding. You need to think about the time it will take for your or your loved ones to create the food for your wedding.
- Some food items can be made in advance, but others must be done on the day of, and you need to keep in mind how much time you’ll need to prepare those items
- Once you prep the food for your event, you’ll have to make sure you have the right space to safely store the food until time to serve it!
Have You Thought About Who is Responsible for the Food and Beverages During the Event?
- If you provide your own food for your wedding, you may have to ask your family and friends to help!
- Sometimes it’s hard to ask your family and friends to help with such a task knowing that they are there to celebrate you.
Have You Considered How Much the Food and Equipment Will Cost?
- Caterers can often get the best pricing on food since they order in bulk and have access to more options than you can sometimes find at your local grocery store
- They can also help you create the best menu just for your event.
- You also need to keep in mind that you’ll have to so some research to know how much food to serve since it’s on a larger scale that most events.
Have You Checked With Your Venue’s Requirements For Vendors?
- Keep in mind that some venues require you to have licensed professionals as vendors, and it’s important to check with them to see if you’re allowed to provide your own food
- If you’re planning on serving alcohol, some venues require insured bartenders and sometimes even security staff to ensure that no underage guests are partaking in the libations, and that no one gets out of control as well.
How Will You Keep the Food Safe to Enjoy?
- Food safety is a very important thing to keep in mind. You must be able to maintain the proper temperature of the food you’re serving, before, during and after the wedding.
- How are you going to transport the food to the event?
Hiring a professional caterer may or may not be the best decision for you. If you’re not sure which is the best fit for you, reach out to someone to ask! We offer complimentary consutations for anyone who is interested in booking our services, that way we can ensure you are comfortable with what we can offer before you’re committed!
Did you see Chef Serge on his recent appearance on KARK Channel 4? He is continuing his culinary trip around the Mediterranean with this Shakshuka dish, a tomato and pepper stew with poached eggs is a great vegetarian option for breakfast. Serve it on top of a toasted piece of bread for a quick, easy meal. And, perhaps most importantly, it’s not only delicious it’s beautiful!
- 2 Tbls. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. Aleppo pepper or red pepper
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 6 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbls. tomato paste
- 5 large eggs
- Fresh parsley and mint, garnish
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onions and green peppers and saute for 4 to 5 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic and spices and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and diced tomatoes and simmer until the tomato mixture begins to reduce, about 10-12 minutes
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Gently crack the eggs into the mixture, keeping the egg yolks and whites together but not scrambled.. Cover and reduce heat until eggs look poached and are done to your preferred doneness, between two to three minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and mint, if desired, and serve