Our executive chef and owner, Serge Krikorian, is a regular guest chef on KATV on their afternoon show. In case you cannot watch him during the day, we want to make sure you have the tools to make the recipe we share on the show a success in your kitchen.
- 1 10-12 oz. Beef Ribeye Steak, boneless
- 4 Tbls. Unsalted Butter, divided
- 2 Tbls. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 3 Cloves Fresh Garlic
1. For each steak, add 2 tbls. olive oil to a cast iron skillet and increase the heat to high. Season the ribeye on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. When the pan is screaming hot, carefully place the steak in the pan.
3 .Add a couple of sprigs of fresh rosemary and a couple of cloves of fresh garlic.
4. Add 2 tbls. of butter for each steak. If the garlic or the rosemary starts to burn, place it on top of the steak and continue to cook. You want to cook the steak until you get a beautiful, brown crust on the outside.
5. After you turn the steak over, add another 2 tbls. butter to the pan and begin to spoon the butter, garlic and rosemary over the top of the steak over and over again until the steak reaches the desired doneness.
I suggest medium rare to medium
6. Remove the steak from the pan and set aside to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
7. I like to serve it with the cooking butter with the rosemary and garlic spooned over the top